Lehrhaus Judaica > Courses > Once/Memory/Night: Paul Celan
Once/Memory/Night: Paul Celan
Ensemble for These Times (formerly the Jewish Music & Poetry Project), performs “Once/Memory/Night: Paul Celan" a program of music inspired by the life and works of seminal 20th century writer and survivor Paul Celan.
THREE world premieres of new commissioned works:
- “Die Eichne Tuer” by E4TT composer David Garner, for soprano, English horn, violin, cello and piano, to 5 poems by Celan
- “Nachtlang” for soprano, cello, and piano by Jared Redmond, to 2 poems by Celan
- “A Song for the End of the World,” for soprano, cello, and piano by Stephen Eddins to poetry by Celan contemporary Czeslaw Milosz
- "4 1/2" (2016) for solo piano by Libby Larsen
- “Memoire de l’ombre” for cello by Aleksandra Kaca from E4TT's Call for Scores (56x54)
Musicians: Nanette McGuinness, soprano, Dale Tsang, piano, and season guest cellist Anne Lerner-Wright, joined by guest English hornist Laura Reynolds and guest violinist Ilana Blumberg Thomas
Sunday, April 15
|Apr 15||4:00 PM–6:00 PM||Sun||Noe Valley Ministry||N/A|
Noe Valley Ministry
1021 Sanchez St.
San Francisco, CA 94114